We are looking for an enthusiastic Shunter Driver to join our ever expanding team here at Morgan McLernon Transport.
Hours & Shifts
Day Shift x 2 required, 09:00 – 19:00, Mon – Fri & every other weekend (with a day in Lieu the following week)
Evening Shift x 2 required, 15:00 – 00:00, Fri & every other weekend (with a day in Lieu the following week)
(Weekend only shifts also available)
Carry out vehicle movement activities/trailers pre and post loading.
Temperature control on trailers before departure
Ensure trailers are compliant for road use
Operate manual handling equipment, ensure compliance to Health & Safety procedures and processes.
Process Paperwork as required
Operate IT systems as required
It is essential that you have a valid Shunter Licence
(a valid HGV licence is also desirable)
Ideally experience working within Supply Chain
Excellent Communication skills
you will be working in a fast paced environment and good team work is essential.
To assist the Despatch Supervisors and Team Leaders in planning, organising and controlling intake and despatch to ensure goods are despatched efficiently and while also ensuring food safety, legality and quality
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Allocating goods in to the designated areas and safely and efficiently loading trailers in a time restricted environment
- Wrapping Pallets making sure they are in a stable condition for transit.
- Securing Pallets once loaded onto trailers
- Ensure implementation and adherence to Health & Safety, hygiene and security procedures
- Determine and implement improvements in despatch where possible
- Work well in a team
- Promote good equal opportunities practice and contribute towards achieving and maintaining a positive working environment
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Lorry loading experience
- forklift licence
- Warehouse experience (not essential as training is provided)
Hours: 2pm – 11pm (Monday to Friday, 1 in 3 Weekends required with day off in lieu the following week)
Job Title: HGV1 Driver
Reports to: Transport Director
We are currently hiring HGV1 Drivers to work in Ireland and UK – Fridge experience would be beneficial.
- Providing excellent customer service and supporting the brand of the business.
- Consistently recording all delivery notes.
- Responsible for loading and unloading and transport of goods.
- Responsible for keeping trailer and vehicle clean.
- Keen awareness of Health & Safety.
- Excellent communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi task and work in a faced paced environment.
Essential Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Full Class one (C&E) Licence
- Full CPC Card Required
- Digital tachograph card holder
- Geographical knowledge of Ireland and UK
Salary: will be negotiable dependent on experience, expertise and knowledge.
Working hours: Flexible (hours and days) to include weekends/evenings based on a rota, this is essential.
Weekend / Casual Drivers Needed
To cover both UK and Ireland and work on Friday’s / Saturday’s / Sunday’s.
To apply, please fill in the drivers form to the right of the page.
Class 1 Drivers
Morgan McLernon are currently looking to employ enthusiastic and hard working Class 1 drivers to cover their UK / Ireland markets. If you would like to apply for this position, please fill in the form on the right or call us on (0)28 3885 1317