We are looking for an enthusiastic Shunter Driver to join our ever expanding team here at Morgan McLernon Transport.
Hours & Shifts
Day Shift x 2 required, 09:00 – 19:00, Mon – Fri & every other weekend (with a day in Lieu the following week)
Evening Shift x 2 required, 15:00 – 00:00, Fri & every other weekend (with a day in Lieu the following week)
(Weekend only shifts also available)
Carry out vehicle movement activities/trailers pre and post loading.
Temperature control on trailers before departure
Ensure trailers are compliant for road use
Operate manual handling equipment, ensure compliance to Health & Safety procedures and processes.
Process Paperwork as required
Operate IT systems as required
It is essential that you have a valid Shunter Licence
(a valid HGV licence is also desirable)
Ideally experience working within Supply Chain
Excellent Communication skills
you will be working in a fast paced environment and good team work is essential.
To assist the Despatch Supervisors and Team Leaders in planning, organising and controlling intake and despatch to ensure goods are despatched efficiently and while also ensuring food safety, legality and quality
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Allocating goods in to the designated areas and safely and efficiently loading trailers in a time restricted environment
- Wrapping Pallets making sure they are in a stable condition for transit.
- Securing Pallets once loaded onto trailers
- Ensure implementation and adherence to Health & Safety, hygiene and security procedures
- Determine and implement improvements in despatch where possible
- Work well in a team
- Promote good equal opportunities practice and contribute towards achieving and maintaining a positive working environment
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Lorry loading experience
- forklift licence
- Warehouse experience (not essential as training is provided)
Hours: 2pm – 11pm (Monday to Friday, 1 in 3 Weekends required with day off in lieu the following week)
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities. You will implement productivity, quality and customer service standards and work within strict time limits.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the company’s overall market share.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Maintain items record, document necessary information (such as temperature recording of goods)
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Proven work experience as a warehouse supervisor
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organisational and time management skills
This is an evening shift role and will include some weekends as per Rota
If you feel you meet the desired criteria highlighted above and are interested in working with a market leader in the logistics industry, send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: HGV1 Driver
Reports to: Transport Director
We are currently hiring HGV1 Drivers to work in Ireland and UK – Fridge experience would be beneficial.
- Providing excellent customer service and supporting the brand of the business.
- Consistently recording all delivery notes.
- Responsible for loading and unloading and transport of goods.
- Responsible for keeping trailer and vehicle clean.
- Keen awareness of Health & Safety.
- Excellent communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi task and work in a faced paced environment.
Essential Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Full Class one (C&E) Licence
- Full CPC Card Required
- Digital tachograph card holder
- Geographical knowledge of Ireland and UK
Salary: will be negotiable dependent on experience, expertise and knowledge.
Working hours: Flexible (hours and days) to include weekends/evenings based on a rota, this is essential.
Weekend / Casual Drivers Needed
To cover both UK and Ireland and work on Friday’s / Saturday’s / Sunday’s.
To apply, please fill in the drivers form to the right of the page.
Class 1 Drivers
Morgan McLernon are currently looking to employ enthusiastic and hard working Class 1 drivers to cover their UK / Ireland markets. If you would like to apply for this position, please fill in the form on the right or call us on (0)28 3885 1317